By bidding in the Limmud NY 2017 Online Auction, each bidder agrees to be bound by the following Auction Rules and Guidelines:
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All goods and services are sold “as is” and subject to all terms and conditions stipulated by the donor. Limmud NY has attempted to accurately describe auction items, but Limmud NY does not warrant or represent, and in no event shall Limmud NY be responsible for, the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in connection with any auction item shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- Restaurant gift certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Unless otherwise specified, all certificates for goods or services must be used or redeemed within one year of the date of the auction.
- For experience items (such as, learning with a Limmud NY presenter, vacation home stays, business and professional services), the winner must contact the donor directly to coordinate the experience. The purchaser is responsible, and Limmud NY has no responsibility whatsoever, for making arrangements with the donor.
- Payment for items purchased, plus any shipping costs, must be made in full at the close of the auction. No item will be released without payment in full. If payment in full is not made at the close of the auction, or if payment by credit card is declined and payment by alternate means is not made within 24 hours after notice, Limmud NY has the right to cancel the sale and offer the item to the next highest bidder and, in such event, Limmud NY will have no liability to the bidder who has failed to pay.
- Except for eCertificates which are delivered by e-mail, purchaser must take possession of all items at the close of the auction at A Taste of Limmud NY on November 1st. If the purchaser is unable to pick up their items at our event, the items will be shipped by USPS mail (except where noted in the auction item special instructions section). The purchaser will be responsible for all applicable shipping fees and your credit card on file with Bidding for Good will be charged the amount of the postage. If purchaser elects to have the item delivered by mail, Limmud NY and its officers, directors, advisors, employees, agents, event organizers, host committee members, sponsors, donors, and volunteers shall have no responsibility if the item is lost or stolen. The purchaser is responsible for ensuring that the shipping address and phone number on file in the Bidding for Good system are correct.
- Limmud NY reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction. Limmud NY and donors bear no responsibility should any item become invalid or unavailable due to closure, relocation or change in operations.
- Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and goods and services obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold Limmud NY, and its officers, directors, advisors, employees, agents, event organizers, host committee members, sponsors, donors, and volunteers, harmless from and against any liability arising directly or indirectly from the auction and/or any items bid for or purchased. Upon purchase, each purchaser waives any claim for liability against Limmud NY, and its officers, directors, advisors, employees, agents, event organizers, host committee members, sponsors, donors, and volunteers for personal injury or damages that may result from use of the goods or services sold. Each purchaser will be liable for any damage to a vacation home or other property used by such purchaser.