We believe that learning together, embracing difference and diversity, is one of the most powerful ways to build and strengthen the Jewish community and we intend for our program to create a space uniquely suited to this kind of learning. Limmud NY is committed to making this conference a center where major questions in the Jewish world are discussed. Through a process of convening community members and lay leaders, our Programming Team identified Essential Questions to help facilitate our discussions, guide our learning, and frame the conference.
– What is the role of disagreement in Jewish life and tradition, and how do we grapple with important issues and ideas “for the sake of heaven”?
– How do innovation and tradition influence our Jewish practice?
– Why do we learn? What is the value of Jewish learning?
– What is our responsibility to the Jewish people and the world?
– How do our diverse identities intersect to create Jewish life and culture, and what impact does this have on our communities?