Limmud NY Outreach and Participant Care Assistant (Part Time, Temporary)
Limmud NY seeks to hire a part-time (20 hours per week) Outreach and Participant Care Assistant to support recruitment, registration, and participant care for the Limmud NY conference and the smooth operation of the Limmud NY office. Candidates should have strong communications and customer service skills, and be excited to help build Jewish community that values learning, diversity, community, and respect.
Limmud NY’s mission is to celebrate Jewish life and learning in all of its diversity, by bringing together Jews of all backgrounds and all ages. We believe that creating spaces where participants learn together across difference enables them to encounter new ideas and to build relationships with others who hold different perspectives, thus strengthening the Jewish community. Our flagship program is an annual 4-day conference over Presidents’ Day Weekend (February 16-19, 2018 in Princeton, NJ), that brings together close to 800 people. What sets Limmud NY apart is that we are entirely volunteer-led. We believe that everyone is a learner, everyone can be a teacher, and everyone has unique gifts to bring in order to help create our community – and so we work hard to empower a whole cadre of volunteers to create the conference experience, and we work equally hard to ensure that the space and culture of our programming feels participatory and communal.
The Outreach and Participant Care Assistant reports to the Executive Director and their major responsibilities include:
- Serve as the conference registrar and primary contact for participants registering for the annual Limmud NY conference
- Provide excellent customer service – empathize with participants and work to meet their needs
- Answer questions about the conference via phone and email in a timely manner
- Assist individuals to register for the conference
- Process payments and handle data securely
- Maintain and update the online registration system database, as well as reports and dashboards
- Ensure that participant information is correct across various databases and planning systems
- Support the work of the conference Community Building team to recruit Limmud NY participants
- Develop and manage relationships with partner organizations and communities throughout the Northeast
- Be able to articulate the value proposition for a community to send participants to Limmud NY, and prepare targeted materials for specific communities
- Be an advocate for Limmud NY programming, and our values
- Support our marketing efforts on social media, in email blasts, and more
- Ensure the Limmud NY website is up to date
Limmud NY believes in working with people who value our mission and are willing to work hard towards that mission. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. In addition, the ideal candidate demonstrates the following skills and qualities:
- Strong communication and customer service skills, on the phone and in writing
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented, an ability to manage multiple projects at once, and comfortable working independently
- Strong event marketing experience
- Experience with – or demonstrated ability to learn – office software, particularly advanced functionality of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with – or demonstrated ability to learn – online registration systems and constituent databases, MailChimp (mass email), WordPress (website content management), and Adobe Creative Suite
- Competent writer, editor, and proofreader
- Have the ability to work closely and comfortably with individuals of different ages and varying leadership and communication styles
Basic knowledge of Judaism is preferred, but not required. The candidate must be able to work from a personal laptop.
Compensation and Time:
Part-Time, 20 hours per week, with the option for additional hours in January and February. Occasional night and weekend hours may be required, including but not limited to the Limmud NY annual conference over Presidents Day Weekend (February 16-19, 2018).
Start Date: September 12, 2017
End Date: February 28, 2018
How to Apply: